Active, Associate and Senior Member
- Active – Urologists practicing in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America in possession of a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor or Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree (or United States Medical Licensure equivalent)who are certified by the American Board of Urology (ABU), American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS), or the certifying board for urology in the country where practicing.
- Associate – Requirements are the same as Active membership, except for Board certification.
- Senior – Active member with 20 or more years of membership who are retired or permanently disabled.
Specially designated scientists who have achieved outstanding prominence in the field of medicine related to urology, Officers of the Association and/or distinguished urologists.
Residents/fellows practicing and studying within the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America, to include residents who are enrolled in an ACGME-accredited (or equivalent certifying Board for Urology) or AOA-approved urology residency training program, clinical Fellows enrolled in an accredited fellowship or post residency training program, and postdoctoral research fellows engaged in biomedical research under a qualified mentor.
International Member, Senior Member
Urologists practicing outside the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America who are actively practicing urology and are members of their national urological society.
- International – Urologists practicing outside the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America who are actively practicing urology and are members of their national urological society.
- Senior – International member with 20 or more years of membership who are retired or permanently disabled.
International Resident-in-Training Member
Residents enrolled in an accredited urology residency training program outside of the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America.
Allied and Advanced Practice Provider Member
- Allied – Primary urology healthcare team members , including nurses (LPN, LVN, RN), medical technicians and medical assistants.
- Advanced Practice Provider – Physician Assistants/Associates (PAs) and Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs) (including nurse practitioners and nurse specialists) currently practicing in urology.
Affiliate and Research Scientist Member
- Affiliate – Non-urologist MDs or DOs who significantly contribute to urology through clinical practice.
- Research Scientist – Independent investigators with PhDs or equivalent degrees, Doctors of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or non-practicing MDs and/or related professionals who have demonstrated achievements in the field of urology through research.
Full-time medical students enrolled in a medical school for the purpose of obtaining an MD or equivalent degree or a full-time graduate student enrolled in an accredited graduate school program for the purpose of obtaining a PhD or equivalent degree.
MEMBERS SAVE MORE THAN EVER BEFORE! Become an AUA member and save up to $765 on registration.
Individuals who are licensed to practice medicine.
*Non-Member Allied, Advance Practice Provider
Technicians, medical assistants, nurses (LPN, LVN, RN), Physician Assistants/Associates (Pas), Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs) (includingnurse practitioners and nurse specialists), interns, pharmacists and therapists. A copy of a valid professional license from your state certifying body is required. Does not include physicians or corporate representatives.
*Non-Member Research Scientist
Independent investigators with PhD or equivalent degrees, seeking to advance progress in the field of urology. This category is not for physicians or employees of commercial companies. Proof of research is required.
*Non-Member Postdoctoral Fellow
Individuals with a PhD degree or equivalent actively engaged in biomedical research under a qualified mentor. Proof of post-doctoral status is required.
Individuals enrolled in an accredited urology residency, fellowship or post residency training program. Individuals with a PhD or equivalent degree enrolled in a post-doctoral training program and actively engaged in biomedical research under a qualified mentor. Proof of residency/fellowship/post-doctoral status is required.
If you are a non-physician member of the Practice Managers' Network (PMN), you are eligible for non-member resident pricing.
If you are non-physician practice manager or member of a practice business team, you should register in the Hospital Administrator category.
*Non-Member Medical and Graduate Students
Individuals enrolled in a medical school for the purpose of obtaining an MD or equivalent degree. Individuals enrolled in an accredited graduate school program for the purpose of obtaining a PhD or equivalent degree. Proof of enrollment is required.
Full-time employees of companies without a product or service to exhibit, who are attending for educational purposes only. Business card is required for badge. This registration category is not for employees of a registered exhibiting company. Those registrations are handled by the appointed meeting contact from your company.
Healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. Does not include physicians or corporate representatives.
*Allied/Advanced Practice Provider categories requires a copy of valid professional license from state certifying body. Medical and Graduate Students, Researchers, Residents-in-Training and Fellows will be required to submit a letter of qualification from the head of their department on official stationery. It must indicate your position and professional responsibilities. All documents must be submitted at the time of registration. Fax your documents to 410-689-3912.
Note: The AUA does not offer "Science & Technology Hall Access" or "One Day Only" registration options for the Annual Meeting.