Active, Associate and Senior Member
- Active – Urologists practicing in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America who are Board-certified. Doctors of Osteopathy who complete an AOA-approved urology residency program and are certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery.
- Associate – Requirements are the same as Active members except for the Board certification. Doctors of Osteopathy who complete an AOA-approved urology residency program and are certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery.
- Senior – Must have 20 years as an Active member and retired or permanently disabled.
Specially designated scientists who have achieved outstanding prominence in the field of medicine related to urology, Officers of the Association and/or distinguished urologists.
Residents/fellows practicing and studying within the U.S., Canada, Mexico, or Central America, to include residents who are enrolled in an ACGME-accredited (or equivalent certifying Board for Urology) or AOA-approved urology residency training program, clinical Fellows enrolled in an accredited fellowship or post residency training program, and postdoctoral research fellows engaged in biomedical research under a qualified mentor. (MD, DO, PHD).
International Member, Senior Member
Urologists practicing outside the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America who are actively practicing urology and are members of their national urological society.
- Senior – Must have 20 years as an International member and retired or permanently disabled.
International Resident-in-Training Member
Residents enrolled in a urology residency training program outside of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, or Central America.
Allied and Advanced Practice Provider Member
- Allied – Non-physician professionals, including nurses (RN, LPN, LVN), medical technicians and medical assistants concentrating in urology for at least one year.
- Advanced Practice Provider – Physician assistants and advanced practice nurses (to include advanced practice registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and nurse specialists) concentrating in urology for at least one year.
Affiliate and Research Scientist Member
- Affiliate – Non-urologist MDs or DOs who significantly contribute to urology through clinical practice.
- Research Scientist – Independent investigators with PhDs or equivalent degrees, DVM, who have demonstrated achievements in the field of urology.
Full-time medical students in an allopathic or osteopathic medical school or enrolled in an accredited graduate school program for the purpose of obtaining a PhD degree or equivalent and actively engaged in research under a qualified mentor.
MEMBERS SAVE MORE THAN EVER BEFORE! Become a AUA member and save up to $734 on registration.
Individuals who are licensed to practice medicine.
*Non-Member Allied, Advance Practice Provider
Technicians, medical assistants, nurses (RN, LPN, LVN), practice managers, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses (to include advanced practice registered nurses, nurse practitioners and nurse specialists), interns, pharmacists and therapists. A copy of valid professional license from state certifying body is required. Does not include physicians or corporate representatives.
*Non-Member Research Scientist
Independent Investigators with PhD or equivalent degrees, seeking to advance progress in the field of urology. This category is not for physicians or employees of commercial companies. Proof of research is required.
*Non-Member Postdoctoral Fellow
Individuals with a PhD degree or equivalent actively engaged in biomedical research under a qualified mentor. Proof of post-doctoral status is required.
Individuals with an MD degree or equivalent in a multi-year graduate medical education program. Including residency program and fellowship participants. Proof of residency is required.
If you are a non-physician member of the Practice Managers' Network (PMN), you are eligible for non-member resident pricing.
If you are non-physician practice manager or member of a practice business team, you should register in the Hospital Administrator category.
*Non-Member Medical and Graduate Students
Individuals enrolled in a medical school for the purpose of obtaining an MD degree or equivalent. Individuals enrolled in an accredited graduate school program for the purpose of obtaining a PhD or equivalent, and actively engaged in research under a qualified mentor. Proof of enrollment is required.
Full-time employees of companies without a product or service to exhibit, who are attending for educational purposes only. Business card is required for badge. This registration category is not for employees of a registered exhibiting company. Those registrations are handled by the appointed meeting contact from your company.
Healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. Does not include physicians or corporate representatives.
*Allied/Advanced Practice Provider categories requires a copy of valid professional license from state certifying body. Medical and Graduate Students, Researchers, Residents-in-Training and Fellows will be required to submit a letter of qualification from the head of their department on official stationery. It must indicate your position and professional responsibilities. All documents must be submitted at the time of registration. Fax your documents to 410-689-3912.
Note: The AUA does not offer "Science & Technology Hall Access" badges or "One Day Only" passes for the Annual Meeting.