AUA COVID-19 Safety Policies
The health and safety of our attendees, including exhibitors, vendor partners, staff, and guests, is our highest priority. The AUA is currently working with The Sands Expo, Venetian Hotel, our Las Vegas hotel partners and Las Vegas health officials to ensure the 2021 AUA Annual Meeting complies with all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended safety guidelines as well as federal, state of Nevada and Clark County guidelines.
As conditions evolve and new information becomes available, changes will be made to our COVID-19 Safety Policies and communicated to attendees prior to the first day of the Annual Meeting.
Proof of negative COVID-19 test results or vaccinations will not be required to participate in AUA2021 activities and programming (although the U.S. continues to require all international visitors over the age of 2 to present a negative COVID-19 test taken within three calendar days of travel and provide documentation of a negative PCR or Antigen result to their airline before being allowed to board). For guidance on international travel restrictions and requirements, please visit the International Attendee Guide.
Your personal commitment to adhering to all safety policies, including the AUA Code of Conduct is imperative to the health and wellbeing of others attending AUA2021:
If you are sick, stay home.
Follow all U.S. and
international travel guidelines.
Masks are mandatory in all
areas for unvaccinated attendees.
Practice safe hand hygiene.
Be mindful and
respectful of personal space.
Self-monitor, report and isolate if you experience any symptoms or exposure.
AUA, Venetian Hotel and Sands Expo COVID-19 Safety Procedures
The following COVID-19 Safety Procedures will be implemented at AUA2021:
Cleaning and Sanitization
- The Venetian Congress Center and Sands Expo & Convention Center have attained the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR Facility accreditation on outbreak prevention, response and recovery.
- The Venetian Hotel and Sands Expo staff systematically and frequently sanitize "high-touch" surfaces in restrooms, escalators, elevators, and other service areas using EPA-registered disinfectants designed for emerging viral pathogens.
- Touchless dispensers for hand sanitizing are provided throughout public spaces on property complex.
- Programs and activities have been scheduled to allow more time for extensive cleaning in between sessions.
Food and Beverage
- The Sands Expo and Venetian Resort staff follow enhanced sanitization guidelines when preparing all food and beverages.
- If you are not vaccinated, please adhere to 6 feet social distancing recommendations when eating or drinking in designated areas.
- A private health room will be made available for screening any attendees experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and in instances where short-term isolation is required. The space will be thoroughly sanitized and ventilated in between use.
- A separate first-aid room will be available for all other general health-related concerns or injuries.
Safety and Security
- All safety and security incidents must be reported to The Venetian Hotel Security department.
- A team of certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) designated by the Venetian Hotel and Sands Expo have medical direction oversight that mirror the Southern Nevada Health District, and COVID-19 specific standard operating procedures to ensure the best practices of local and national health agencies are followed.
- Additional EMT services will be provided in collaboration with the Venetian and Sands Expo.
- Per CDC, it is recommended all attendees, exhibitors, vendors, staff, and guests report any symptoms or exposure to others who have tested positive for COVID-19. Please visit the Southern Nevada Health District for information on reporting and other local resources.
- Consider downloading the Southern Nevada COVID Trace app to your smart phone using Apple Store or Google Play to receive secure and private notifications if you are potentially exposed to COVID-19.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms while onsite, get tested and self quarantine.
- If you are in need of a COVID-19 test while onsite, please visit Nevada Health Response to locate testing locations in proximity to the Sands Expo and Venetian Hotel. The length of time required to obtain results varies by location and test type.
Science & Technology Hall
- The AUA promotes a list of best practices in the Science & Technology Hall for Exhibitors.
- Booth capacities and incorporation of plexiglass dividers are at the discretion of the Exhibitor.
- Exhibitors and attendees occupying a booth should be mindful of personal space during product demonstrations.
- If attendees are permitted to demo a product, item(s) will be cleaned and sanitized in between use.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for supplying disinfectant wipes for their booth(s) and maintaining a clean environment, including all high-touch surfaces, throughout show hours.
- Exhibitors will have the option to order enhanced cleaning and disinfection services for their booth(s) through the Exhibitor Service Kit.
- Be mindful and respectful of personal space while participating in AUA2021 activities and programs.
- Distanced seating in meeting rooms and all other areas is based on personal preference.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Fully vaccinated attendees, exhibitors, vendors, staff, and guests do not need to wear a mask, though may do so as a personal preference.
- All unvaccinated attendees, exhibitors, vendors, staff, and guests should wear a mask and maintain 6 feet social distance while attending indoor activities at the meeting, per CDC guidance.
- The AUA will have onsite disposable masks for those who request.
Registration and The Square
- Additional self-serve registration kiosks will be installed to prevent congestion if picking up materials onsite.
- If you prefer to have your registration credentials mailed in advance of the meeting, please email customerservice@AUAnet.org.
- Primary elevator lobbies are staffed during peak hours to provide assistance and additional sanitization.
- Cleaning is enhanced throughout all public spaces and on high-touch items like TV remotes, door and furniture handles, and control panels in all guest suites.
- Masks are available to guests upon request.
Helpful COVID-19 Resources
For more detailed information and resources we encourage you to visit: