AUA Launches New Patient Perspective Program at AUA2021
Introducing an Innovative Patient-Focused Initiative!
The AUA is proud to introduce a new Patient Perspectives Program at AUA2021 in Las Vegas. Designed to elevate awareness and bring patient voices into the fold, this pilot program aims to help physicians and healthcare providers understand what success looks like in patient-physician communication and shared decision making.
A Unique Opportunity for Patient Advocacy Groups
The Patient Perspectives Program provides the opportunity for advocacy groups and their members to share their own perspectives and research. Those selected to present their research will have the opportunity to connect with physicians at the world's largest medical meeting in urology.*
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Interventions with exercise, diet, or lifestyle
- Use of complementary therapy (not medication specific)
- Enhanced communication to impact your patient care
- Examples of engagement with the health professional team
- Patient advocacy/research
- The impact social media and/or support groups have made on your care or quality of life
- Adaptations made by the patient and their healthcare team that other physicians and urology professionals should know more about
The Submission Site for this Unique Program Opens in April 2021.
*Travel stipends will be provided to primary authors accepted to present their Patient Perspectives research at AUA2021 in Las Vegas.
Learn more about this program and begin planning your Patient Perspectives submission today!
The AUA2021 Patient Perspectives Program is brought to you by the American Urological Association (AUA) with program development support from Pfizer. The content of this program was developed independently of the sponsor without any conflict of interest.